The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership is a 60-credit program designed for graduate level educators who are presently teachers or administrators in a school setting or have regular weekly access to a school and classrooms.
Admission Eligibility and Requirements:
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- A 3.25 or higher GPA in your master’s degree program
- Verifiable work experience as a teacher or administrator in an educational setting for three or more years
- Original transcripts from undergraduate and graduate degrees from accredited universities
- 500 word essay
- Three Reference Rating forms completed by former educational employers and/or professors.
- Applicants whose first language is not English and do not have a master’s degree from a university in which instruction is conducted in English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Doctoral applicants must demonstrate college-level proficiency with a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (iBT).
- An online interview with a member of the doctoral program selection committee
- Completed DocuSign Enrollment Agreement
Provisional admission may be granted to an applicant who does not meet one or more of the admission criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA (grade-point average) of 3.25 in the last degree earned, but otherwise meets the admission requirements
- Official transcripts for previous course work were not received by Acacia University by the application deadline, but otherwise meets the admission requirements
- Reference Rating forms or other application components were not received by Acacia University by the application deadline, but otherwise meets the admission requirements
Provisional Admission stays in place for the first two courses. If the student earns less than a B in either of the first two courses or Acacia University does not receive all required application documents, the student will be administratively withdrawn.
Step 1: Application Process
- Download the application documents
- Doctoral Program Admission Eligibility and Requirements
- Doctoral Program Reference Rating Form
- Doctoral Program Handbook Addendum
- Provide official transcripts for both a completed undergraduate degree and master’s degree from an accredited university. A minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale for all courses applied toward a master’s degree is required
- Submit a 500-word essay describing your background, experience, professional career goals, and reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree in educational leadership
- If applicable, submit score received on the TOEFL
- Provide names of three former educational employers and/or professors to serve as references that can attest to your recent professional and academic background. Give the Reference Rating Form (provided in the Application documents) to your three references and instruct them to email, fax, or mail the form directly to Acacia University prior to the application deadline
Online application submittal: Click Here.
Doctoral Selection Committee
7665 S. Research Drive
Tempe, AZ, 85284
By fax: (480) 428-6033
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When all components have been submitted and received by Acacia University, the Doctoral Review Committee will invite and schedule qualifying applicants to participate in an online interview with a doctoral program faculty member of the selection committee. All doctoral students will be selected following the online interview and recommendations from faculty. Note: All paperwork must be completed and received by the due date for consideration of acceptance for the next term.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent within two weeks following the interview. If accepted, the student will proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Admission to Acacia University
After notification of initial acceptance into the doctoral program, students will be assigned an Academic Program Advisor who will schedule an appointment to plan the course of study and recommend courses. Following the meeting with the Academic Program Advisor, the student will advance to the course enrollment process for the upcoming term. Login information for the course site and the student information site will be provided in your letter of acceptance. This will allow you access to the Introduction to Doctoral Studies site orientation. It will also open the enrollment and tuition payment process. All of these processes will be completed prior to the start of the course. No one will be allowed to enter a course unless tuition payments have been cleared.
No student is allowed to enroll in courses until officially notified of acceptance by the Admissions Office.
I am Ready to Start the Application for Admission to the Doctoral Program
Application for Admission to the Doctoral Program
Submitting this application begins the official part of the Acacia University enrollment process. We will review your application and contact you within two business days to discuss your status. (You should also receive an email after completing this application that covers the next steps in the enrollment process.)
NOTE: Please use your personal email address (like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) rather than a school or business email address. School and business email servers can have more restrictions and you may not receive all emails. Also put acacia.edu in your contacts list or your email white list to further ensure receiving all emails.